Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Daisy Cutter Pale Ale


Beer Name: Daisy Cutter Pale Ale
Brewery: Half Acre Brewery, Chicago IL
Style: American Pale Ale
ABV: 5.20%


Overall: 3.5/5

First off let me disclaimer this post , I am a Hop fiend. I love hoppy beers (which I am told men are genetically inclined to enjoy more than woman, another post).
This is a hoppy very citrus punched beer. I first realized that I had some odd tastes when I was at a "cooking show" with my brother Joel, this cooking show was as much about cooking as Green peace has to do with nuclear weaponry. Basically you spend about $15 and go get hammered on a Saturday. Anyhow I tasted the beer as well as my brother. I loved it, he made a face like he just bit into a turd. This beer has a quick fading head with a yellow cloudy haze, due to the hops you get a slightly dry mouth feel with a sweet citrus finish. It smells sweet with oranges and a bit of a floral hop punch. In my opinion (not Joel's) this is a great summer beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment