Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Budweiser Budvar (Czechvar)





Beer Name: Budweiser Budvar
Style: Czech Lager
ABV: 5%


Overall: 4/5

I first had this beer during my 2010 trip to Munich, My wife and I were walking through a flea market, when out of the corner of my eye I see Budweiser. What the hell, Budweiser is terrible (personal opinion) Why in the hell is it being sold here were every beer is born or gods breath? I had to try one, even for the chance to say that I liked the taste of a Budweiser. After a few sips I could tell this beer has nothing to do with the watered down American lager. There is a good balance of malt and hops, a smooth mouth feel with a solid lager taste. I would stand this up against most German lagers without batting an eye. Great beer, and I am proud to say that I have tried a Budweiser that I like. Don't try to find this can here in the states though, (Ain't Gonna Happen). Here it is referred to as Czechvar, no doubt Anheuser-Busch got angry, and made them change the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment